Re: GH. Again.

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: GH. Again.
Date: 18 Jun 2001 19:44:15 +0100

    Marius> Hmm, there might be a misunderstanding here: whether or
    Marius> not to make the 1.6.0 GH interface compatible with 1.4;
    Marius> opposed to whether or not making 1.6.0 GH identical to
    Marius> 1.4.  I assumed you mean the latter while you probably
    Marius> only meant the former, right?

    Marius> I do think we should make 1.6.0 GH compatible to 1.4, but
    Marius> I am wary about making it identical.

Sorry for the confusion.  Upon checking the ChangeLog, I see that
there are tens of minor GH changes since 1.4, in the nature of
cleanups and bug fixes.  I am certainly not proposing that these
should be backed out - that would be madness!

What I meant was that we should back out new functional additions.  On
analysis, this in fact amounts to just one ChangeLog entry:

        * gh.h (gh_init_guile, gh_make_string, gh_string_length,
        gh_string_ref, gh_string_set_x, gh_substring, gh_string_append):
        New.

All of these are just #defines for the corresponding scm_ name.