Re: Problem building guile 1.4

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Problem building guile 1.4
Date: 01 Jul 2001 00:19:35 +0200

[Taken to guile-devel]

Andrew Koenig <address@hidden> writes:

> So it looks like all is well -- thanks for the help.

Your are welcome!

> Perhaps you might put a note about --with-local-prefix in the Guile
> installation notes?

Hmm, is Guile any special in this regard?  Talking about GCC and
--with-local-prefix in the Guile installation instructions seems
arbitrary.  I'd say that it would all boil down to: "if you do
anything out of the ordinary, make sure you know what you do." (no
offense to you personally intended, of course).

There are a zillion possible scenarios out there, all with their
obvious and un-obvious problems.  The `foo-config' tools of late (like
gnome-config, gtk-config, guile-config) try to cover up for some of
problems, but they create new ones in the process.