Re: guile-scsh autoloading

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: guile-scsh autoloading
Date: 22 Jul 2001 14:49:40 -0500

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> When it feels better to simply lump together the individual modules
> of a certain codebase instead of following the separations layed out
> by the original authors, then there is probably something wrong with
> the codebase itself.

I agree. If I understand what's being proposed, I think it should be
off by default, if we have it.  Presuming what's being proposed is an
autoloader such that whenever you reference a symbol that's in a
module somewhere that's not loaded, the module gets loaded
automatically.  That seems like a bad idea, and likely to mask bugs.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu