Re: multiple return values

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: multiple return values
Date: 05 Aug 2001 23:42:37 +0200

Matthias Koeppe <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't think this approach can work because single-value
> continuations can occur within the call-with-values producer.

Yeah, right <slaps forehead>.  (I actually used to know this, but
somehow it escaped me when getting excited after reading Clinger's
posting...)

> If I have read Clinger's posting correctly, he actually suggested to
> check for a multiple-value context by looking at the `return address',
> i.e. at the continuation of the `values' call.  I don't know if that's
> easily possible in Guile, though.

We have the environment structure in the Guile evaluator that could be
used.  call-with-values could put a special frame on the environment
and values could recognize this frame (and modify it to communicate
out-of-band with call-with-values).  Or?