Re: string-map arg order

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: string-map arg order
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:58:33 -0700

   From: Alex Shinn <address@hidden>
   Date: 26 Aug 2001 13:03:04 -0400

   >>>>> "thi" == Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

       thi> also, in order to accept more significant contributions, we
       thi> need to arrange for the proper paperwork to be filed w/ fsf,
       thi> assuming this has not already been done.

   Not yet.  At a quick glance I don't see any forms on gnu.org... do you
   need to mail something to me, or can this be done electronically with
   gpg?

it has to be done w/ written paper and a real signature (at this time).
maybe in the future there will be electronic methods available.  i will
send you the copyright assignment form in another email.  you will need
to follow the instructions therein and inform guile-devel (cc'ed) once
the process is complete (you get a snail mail back from FSF confirming
the assignment).  [guile-devel: this last bit may be redundant since FSF
will probably let one of us know, anyway, but IMHO it's better to be
over- than under-informed.]

note that this step does not mean you get write privs on the repo; that
will happen later according to some mysterious process that i'm not
aware of (but, typcially correlates with submission of high-quality
patches, current maintainer time constraints, demonstrated political
orthodoxy and/or tolerance, old-fashioned cronyism, and of course, phase
of the moon ;-).

obguile: are there any aspects of guile that you are particularly
interested in hacking?

thi