Problem with VAR=value ... ./configure

From: Eric Gillespie, Jr.
Subject: Problem with VAR=value ... ./configure
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 00:24:27 -0500

I'm nearly done packaging Guile 1.5 for NetBSD, but now i'm
seeing this problem:

If i run this (slightly contrived) configure command:

CC=cc LDFLAGS=-L/usr/pkg/lib CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/pkg/include CFLAGS="-Wall -g"
./configure

it runs along doing its thing for a while before finally:

configure: configuring in libltdl
configure: running /bin/sh './configure'  LDFLAGS=-L/usr/pkg/lib 'CFLAGS=-Wall
-g' CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/pkg/include CC=cc --enable-ltdl-convenience
--cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.
configure: warning: LDFLAGS=-L/usr/pkg/lib: invalid host type
configure: warning: CFLAGS=-Wall -g: invalid host type
configure: error: can only configure for one host and one target at a time
configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for libltdl
sed: confdefs.h: No such file or directory
zsh: exit 1     CC=cc LDFLAGS=-L/usr/pkg/lib CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/pkg/include
CFLAGS="-Wall -g"

Thi is probably the last thing holding me up.  I've never seent
this kind of error before.  What's up?

BTW, don't worry about an unreleased version of Guile showing up
in NetBSD; i know stuff from alpha.gnu.org is not supposed to
spread too widely; i was going to check here before submitting
it.

Thanks.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> address@hidden