Re: Problem with VAR=value ... ./configure

From: Eric Gillespie, Jr.
Subject: Re: Problem with VAR=value ... ./configure
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:37:39 -0500

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

    >    Is libltdl/configure generated by autoconf 2.13 or 2.50?

I haven't generated anything; all the files are as distributed in
the guile-1.5.4.tar.gz.  This file claims to be generated by
2.13.

    > If the latter, you should not have a problem. If generated
    > by 2.13, regenerate with 2.50. 2.50 and later allow passing
    > environment variables as an option to configure.

I don't think asking users to install autoconf 2.50 is the
answer.  Why not call the sub-configures the same way i called
the top-level one?

    > please include more specific build info in the future

Sorry, i have the 1.5.4 tarball.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> address@hidden

"I wish people didn't exist."