Re: Elisp development news

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Elisp development news
Date: 21 Nov 2001 20:03:27 +0000

>>>>> "Thien-Thi" == Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

    Thien-Thi> the thread is titled "news" and there is implementation
    Thien-Thi> in cvs to play with, so looks like we're beyond
    Thien-Thi> proposal here...

Well, it's in CVS because I already lost several days' work once and
prefer not to be bitten again!  But

- it's in a clearly identified branch, not the main development trunk

- most of what I've written is not sensitive to the outcome of the
  current discussion, I believe, so it's not as though we are about to
  throw this work away in any case

- I think it is absolutely important to have the current discussion
  and I don't at all see my current implementation as prejudicing the
  outcome - so "proposal" is quite appropriate IMO.

Jim's proposal has stood for a long time, so deserves respect
(obviously - I don't think you mean otherwise).  I'm thinking
carefully about Marius's points and will probably respond on Friday.