Re: 16 snarf macros

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: 16 snarf macros
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 07:48:30 -0800

Dirk Herrmann wrote:

> BTW:  Quite a long time ago, there was a proposal about a new and cleaner
> set of snarfing macros...

I use this:

> /*=gfunc sprintf
>  *
>  * what:  format a string
>  * general_use:
>  *
>  * exparg: format, formatting string
>  * exparg: format-arg, list of arguments to formatting string, opt, list
>  *
>  * doc:  Format a string using arguments from the alist.
> =*/
> SCM
> scm_sprintf( SCM fmt, SCM alist )

which can be simplified even further, when I get around to
integrating with DOxygen.  From that is derived all the text output
I need.  'course, only Debian distro has autogen.....
Also, there's very little repetition left and no need to figure
out if you need SCM_PROC or SCM_GPROC or whatever....

expr.h:
> extern SCM scm_sprintf( SCM, SCM );

expr.c:
> static const char s_sprintf[] = "sprintf";
> [...]
> gh_new_procedure( (char*)s_sprintf, scm_sprintf, 1, 0, 1 );

expr.menu:
> * SCM sprintf::           @code{sprintf} - format a string

expr.texi:

--