properties

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: properties
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 17:50:23 +0100 (MET)

Hi Neil,

I noticed that you have done some work with source properties.  Without
having looked into details yet, I would like to remark that there is a
'central' mechanism for all kinds of properties, which is IMO quite nice.
If I remember correctly, there was once a plan to get rid of all
'specialized' properties in guile and use this common mechanism instead.
I also seem to remember that there were some arguments against such a
step, because the 'central' properties mechanism would be somewhat slower.
However, I suggest to take a close look before introducing or extending
any specialized property features (as source properties are) in guile.

Since I did not look closely into your changes, I apologize if I am on the
wrong track here.

Best regards
Dirk Herrmann