Re: Regarding (bug "versioning-of-extensions")

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Regarding (bug "versioning-of-extensions")
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 20:17:10 -0600

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> and for now I'm using an underscore to separate out the version
> number from the library name[1].

Unless there are objections, I think I'm going to leave the number
alone, i.e. use 15, even though due to AGE the actual lib major
version might be smaller, for example 13, but I'll change the naming
scheme like this

  libguile-srfi-srfi-13-14-lt15

The lt15 will reflect the libtool interface, and should make it clear
that something unusual is going on.  We'll also have details in NEWS,
and perhaps the info files.  Since these ltFOO versions will only
exist for 1.6, ugly names aren't such a big deal -- they should be
going away fairly soon.

Thanks

--
Rob Browning