Re: specifying workbook dir for dist-hook

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: specifying workbook dir for dist-hook
Date: 08 Apr 2002 18:28:22 +0200

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

>    From: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
>    Date: 08 Apr 2002 02:06:14 +0200
>
>    However, automake-1.4-p4 incorrectly does _not_ handle include
>    directives with filenames that contain a '-'.  It copies these lines
>    unchanged to the Makefile.in.
>
> hmmm, i don't understand how "-" is a problem since there is also
> "pre-inst-guile" (see libguile/Makefile.am), which has worked fine for
> months.

pre-inst-guile works because GNU make will handle the include
statement and pre-inst-guile does not contain anything that needs to
be seen by automake.

Thus, pre-inst-guile only works when using a make that knows how to
handle a include directive.

> what you see may be because of other reasons (i gave my best guesses
> already, only automake hackers can really say).

You could also try to read the automake sources (although they are in
Perl ;).  You will see that the PATH_PATTERN of automake 1.4 does not
match names with a '-' in it.

>    Sooo, I'd say we should just require automake 1.5.
>
> sounds reasonable.  i remember HACKING used to list tool versions, but
> that isn't the case presently.

It doesn't?  Why?