Re: What replaces scm_register_module_xxx (Doc update?)

From: rm
Subject: Re: What replaces scm_register_module_xxx (Doc update?)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 15:23:33 +0200

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 01:29:09PM +0200, Matthias Koeppe wrote:

> It is an opaque argument...
>
> >  - what is passed to the init function in the void pointer and
> >    what is the function supposed to return?
>
> ... that is simply passed to the init function when it is invoked.

So this is "userdata", i see.

> (This makes the init function a "C closure".)  The init function
> returns nothing (it has "void" return type).

<blush>Grumpf! I _hate_ C's function pointer syntax ... </blush>

> >> I believe it's only an accident that the functions are not documented
> >> (except for the NEWS blurb).  I think documentation should be added;
> >> the changes should also go into the 1.6 release.  Preliminary
> >> documentation can be found in the above message by Marius.
> >
> > Should this be documented soon?
>
> Ralf, maybe you want to prepare a patch that adds the documentation to
> Guile.

This was partly implied by my question. But i first need to finish up
the docs on "guardians from C" i promised earlier this week (got dis-
tracted by all that module stuff which i need to get working asap).

  Ralf