Improving error messages

From: Wolfgang Jaehrling
Subject: Improving error messages
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 14:01:05 +0100

I think that a weak point of Guile are the error messages, which are
often very terse.  This is not much of a problem once you are used to
it and know what the messages refer to, but when I was new to Guile
(and new to Scheme at the same time), this was a major problem for me.
Thus, I decided to try my best to make Guile more newbie-friendly.  At
<> you find a very incomplete
patch, and I would like to know if it goes into the right direction at
all: Is this the kind of stuff you would want?