Re: Configuring with GMP in /usr/local

From: Thamer Al-Harbash
Subject: Re: Configuring with GMP in /usr/local
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 11:24:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003, Neil Jerram wrote:

> Thanks for the response, but I already have /usr/local/bin first in my
> PATH, and it doesn't help.  The problem is somehow getting ./configure
> to tell gcc to look in /usr/local/{lib,include} before
> /usr/{lib,include}.

LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" Unfortunately /usr/lib may supersede
this and configure will use it first. My advice is to do what I
did. Remove the development library (.a) from /usr/lib and leave
the shared one there for GMP 3.1 (.so) Then install GMP 4.1 in

Your old applications should still use the old runtime libraries
and be fine.

(Remember to ldconfig if you're on Linux.)

Thamer Al-Harbash
        (if (> pressure too-much-pressure)
                'flame 'work)