Re: Around again, and docs lead role

From: Max Techter
Subject: Re: Around again, and docs lead role
Date: 13 May 2003 16:14:38 +0200

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

>     Max> Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
>     Max> snip
>     >>
snip

>     Max> I am new to guile, new to this list
>
>     Max> (though I posted a couple of replies concerning the overall
>     Max> structure, and the principle need of tutorials)
>
> First off, apologies for not replying to your earlier detailed email
> yet - I'm a bit busy and taking time to digest it, but it looks like
> just the kind of high-level input that I was hoping someone would
> supply.
snip

        Take your time, Neil.  I will be engaged in "my
        guile analysis" for quite some time.

        And there is no chance for me coming up with first
        well formed proposals before, say the end of this
        month, although I`ll try to supply my comments sooner.

>     Max> If you think, that in the current state of discussion, this
>     Max> kind of critique could be useful, tell me:
>
> Yes, absolutely!
>

>     Max>         hacking revised comments into, say  the .texi
>     Max>         source, would not put a too heavy workload on me.

snip

        On which version exactly should I build?
        I produced my printout and info files from:

        @set MANUAL_EDITION 1.0
        @title Guile Reference Manual
        @subtitle Edition @value{MANUAL_EDITION}, \
                for use with Guile @value{VERSION}
                                   # this evaluated to 1.6.2

        @subtitle $Id: guile.texi,v 1.2.2.17 2002/09/25 00:12:21 ossau Exp $

        Is this OK, or should I switch to a source
        from CVS?

> If you have any suggestions for a overall plan of
> how to rectify the problems that you've noted,
> I would love to hear
> them too.

        Taking the fun of playing the harsh critic,
        I would feel obliged to propose better ways,
        naturally.

regards
max.