records as s-expressions

From: Thamer Al-Harbash
Subject: records as s-expressions
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:07:52 -0400 (EDT)

Would there be any interest in accepting a patch which makes
records print out as s-expressions so they are more easily
serialized?

I ask because vectors are great to dump to a file and then just
load and evaluate. I'd like to do the same with my records but
cannot since records don't keep any type information when they
are written out and the interpreter does not recognize:

            #<foo-record foo: bar>

Would this break any standards or cause backward compatibility
problems?

--
Thamer Al-Harbash
GPG Key fingerprint: D7F3 1E3B F329 8DD5 FAE3  03B1 A663 E359 D686 AA1F