keyword cleanup patch

From: Richard Todd
Subject: keyword cleanup patch
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 06:25:18 -0600

Something about my state of mind made me unhappy with the way one can
use either #:xxx or :xxxx in for modules, so (I'll probably regret
this later!) I dropped that feature in my local copy of guile.

Why are both syntaxes allowed in this one area, anyway?  I assume it's
a historical reason?  It's inconsistent with the rest of guile (AFAIK)
where you have to set a reader option for this behavior.

Anyway, while I doubt you'd be interested in _that_ patch, there are
two options that I thought I'd mention:

A.)  As a result of the change, (you can imagine), I had to
standardize all the guile-core code on #: in my local tree.  Having
all the code match is kind of nice, even if you allow both syntaxes.

....and/or....

B) I did stumble across a bug-fix and a cleanup that I thought you
might want to apply.  They are in the attached patch, and are:

1) ice-9/mapping.scm needed changes, since it has several keywords of
the form :xxx in it.  Maybe everyone that uses it also uses the reader
'prefix option.

2) A goops error message about missing keywords writes them as :xxx
instead of #:xxx.  Not a big deal, but...

Richard Todd