Re: core dump.

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: core dump.
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:45:29 +1000

Han-Wen Nienhuys  <address@hidden> writes:

> Does anyone actually know how the evaluator works?

For what it's worth, a small example I struck tickling the (or a)
problem in this area is

        (define my-macro
          (procedure->memoizing-macro
           (lambda (expr env)
             (list 'let expr))))
        (my-macro 1 2 3)

The let generated is obviously wrong.  I suspected the memoizing or
something creates a circular list, or something, which has trouble
printing or unmemoizing, or something.

I think it should be pretty important to get even the worst and most
obvious flaws printing successfully under --debug, since of course one
is using that option because it's apparently not obvious what's wrong
:-).