Re: guile-core in Arch archive

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: guile-core in Arch archive
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:31:25 +0100

Clinton Ebadi <address@hidden> writes:

> On Saturday 06 March 2004 12:17, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
>> First, I'm happy to announce the availibility of an Arch "mirror" of
>> the Guile CVS. It's located at:
>>
>> http://people.debian.org/~rotty/arch/address@hidden/guile-2004/
>>
>> In the category guile-core, there is a cvs-trunk branch, which will
>> follow CVS HEAD. I might one day start auto-building Debian packages
>> for experimental from that (and maybe other branches).
>>       patch-2
>>          Applied extended -e patch by Clinton Ebadi
>>
>>       patch-3
>>          Applied getopt-long patch by Clinton Ebadi
>
> You may want to undo the extended -e patch; I had forgotten that
> Guile CVS now reads the argument to -e and the (@ (module)
> procedure) syntax provides an easy enough way to do things. Maybe
> ttn's extended syntax could be supported with another option (-m?)
> or somehow supported by -e for compatibility with his 1.4.1.x tree
> (I don't really see how that would work, since (foo bar) could be a
> procedure call that returns the entry procedure).

I think I'll open an --integration branch, into which I'll cherry-pick
the features that are somewhat approved by the Guile developers. So
far, from what I've heard from Marius, getopt-long would be a good
candidate for that.

Also, I think there should be somewhat detailed ChangeLog entries for
the changes, so judging the changes is easier.

>> You might consider branching off that and I'll star-merge your changes
>> back in, which lowers effort for both off us (just make sure you
>> commit clean changesets, as you've done now).
>
> Never a better time than the present to learn how to use arch.

If you have any questions wrt. to using Arch/the archive, don't
hesitate to ask me (not that I'm an Arch guru yet, but at least I got
some experience).

Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

Say NO to Software Patents! -- http://petition.eurolinux.org/