Re: Initial SCTP support for the upcoming 1.6.5 release

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Initial SCTP support for the upcoming 1.6.5 release
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:40:21 +0200

Michael Tuexen <address@hidden> writes:

> Please let me know if it is possible to include these changes in
> the 1.6.5 release.

Hi Michael,

we don't want to include this in Guile 1.6.5.  The reason is that the
SCTP functions are not 'core' functionality and they can take not
advantage of being in the core.  Also, it would add another dependency
to Guile (on libsctp).

As long as SCTP needs an external library and is not supported
directly by libc, we think it is better to not include it in
guile-core.

I have turned your patch into a complete package that installs
libguile-net-sctp.so and the module (net sctp), you just need to fill
in the README, etc.  Scheme code can access the new module with

    (use-modules (net sctp))

Unfortunately, I couldn't test it since I don't seem to have sctp
support on my box.

Here:

    http://www-dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/~mvo/guile-sctp-0.0.tar.gz