Re: i18n, gettext support

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: i18n, gettext support
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 10:13:28 +1000

Bruno Haible <address@hidden> writes:

> That's your point of view, not mine. I would find it irresponsible if I
> were to submit a patch which includes destructive functions that don't
> bear a '!' in their name.

Well, I guess the conventions for system stuff are described at the
start of the posix interface chapter in the manual.  I think ! is just
meant for changes to scheme level data, not system things.

But actually it was the procedure-with-setter I was more concerned
about, being almost never used in the core, and in fact a rather
controversial concept, as I understand it.

> In the GNU 'xgettext' extractor and associated example I will support
> whatever API you provide in guile.

That'll be (_ "foo") won't it?  Being nice and compact, and already
used.