Re: Can't make a stack from a continuation

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Can't make a stack from a continuation
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:42:37 +0000

Neil Jerram wrote:

address@hidden:~$ guile -q
guile> (version)
"1.6.4"
guile> (call-with-current-continuation make-stack)
Segmentation fault

I believe I have the fix for this (diffs attached for 1.6.x). Would anyone who feels half-confident in this area please review?

A further aspect of this that has been bothering me, is why it doesn't show up in all the occurrences of (make-stack *cont*) that my debugging code does when called from one of the eval trap handlers. The answer (I believe) is that the eval trap handlers don't use real continuations; they use "debug objects" instead; this is controlled by the 'cheaptraps debug option, which defaults to "yes".

And one more problem ... the same problem exists in CVS head, but a similar patch doesn't fix it ... still investigating.