Lazy pairs for Guile

From: Oleg A. Paraschenko
Subject: Lazy pairs for Guile
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:36:23 +0300

  maybe of some interest:

Lazy pairs for Guile

  In my applications, I'd like to represent tree-like structures as
the real Scheme lists to Guile. There are two issues here:

* structures are big enough. Making a full copy of data is overhead,
  so I'd like to instantiate tree branches on demand.

* Scheme list functions such as car, cdr, for-each etc should work
  on exposed data.

  These issues are solved by patching Guile source code. Not the best
way, but it works for me. Comments are appreciated.

  Regards, Oleg