Re: module GC bug

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: module GC bug
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:50:28 +0200

Marius Vollmer wrote:

what happens if the weak (c[ad]r ITEM) is marked through a postponed
weak vector that you haven't processed yet?  Then P is removed
erroneously, or am I missing something?

Hmm, you are right.  I first have thought about this behavior as a
feature, but I now see that it is in fact not wanted.  The order the
weak vectors are processed in affects the result, which is not good,

Right now, I hope to get around this by repeatedly scanning all weak
vectors until no new markings have taken place, and only then remove
the unmarked items.

isn't it possible to store the 'module property in a doubly weak hash table? What you propose sounds very costly , and my gut instinct says that I can punch a hole in it as well.

Thanks for pointing this out!

 Han-Wen Nienhuys - address@hidden -