Re: Future of ice-9/slib.scm.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Future of ice-9/slib.scm.
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 15:27:44 -0800

Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

> Sounds likely.  Same story I think, extra bits added.
>>   - slib:eval -- should it be using slib-module or
>>     interaction-environment?
> There's something going on in the whole of guile.init with modules
> that I couldn't figure out.  Eg. the aliasing define to define-public.
> There's probably a reason for it.

If I understand the code correctly, guile.init does the same thing,
and in both cases, the purpose is to change any top-level define into
a define-public.

Actually, now that I look, since the slib docs specifically state that
slib:eval will evaluate items in the current top-level environment,
guile.init's use of interaction-environment seems more appropriate.

By the same logic, slib:load shouldn't be using a load path; it should
be a normal load as documented in the slib docs, and as implemented in

I suppose that leaves just the vicinity related definitions in

Rob Browning
rlb and; previously