Re: file-exists? confused

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: file-exists? confused
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 08:17:58 +1100

"Bill Schottstaedt" <address@hidden> writes:
> The new Guile's file-exists? function is confused by very large files:

Ahh.  I changed it from access() to stat() to get the perms right
under setuid.  I think you'll find you can't open such a file in
guile, so saying it doesn't exist is bad, but not terrible.

I guess we should compile with _FILE_OFFSET_BITS == 64 and make sure
uses of off_t can cope with being either 32 or 64 bits.