1.8 status and 64-bit data corruption

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: 1.8 status and 64-bit data corruption
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:08:11 +0100

I believe the only important 1.8 bug still outstanding is the one
which causes Scheme data corruption on 64-bit platforms - and which is
usually enough to cause the build to fail in

Is there anything else of equal impact that I've forgotten?

I'm not sure how to proceed with debugging this (or rather with
advising someone else how to debug it, since I don't have a 64-bit box
myself), so does anyone else have ideas?  I've been assuming it's a GC
problem, i.e. data which should be marked but isn't for some reason,
but I guess it need not be; it could just be something modifying part
of the Scheme heap by mistake.

Here are references to some of the relevant threads.