Re: guile licensing niglets

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: guile licensing niglets
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 00:13:55 +0100

Hi and happy new year!  ;-)

"Julian Graham" <address@hidden> writes:

> Off-topic, but has there been any discussion of moving Guile to LGPLv3?

There was a tiny thread on the topic some time ago:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.guile.devel/6651/focus=6658

This message mentions "LGPLv2.5", which RMS suggested back then as a
solution for libraries that might have GPLv2-only users.  Eventually, I
lost track of it, so maybe that possibility was deemed unnecessary?
Karl?

I suppose there are few, if any, GPLv2-only users, but I don't have any
evidence.

At any rate, I agree with Neil that this can wait (probably until the
next major version?).

Thanks,
Ludovic.