Re: RFD: drop the GH interface.

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: RFD: drop the GH interface.
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 18:19:10 +0200

2008/9/13 Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden>:
> Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> writes:
>> The GH interface was marked as deprecated in
>> commit a0143ebc24c24198e0dfce9b80f3648feb706226
>> Author: Neil Jerram <address@hidden>
>> Date:   Wed Jun 20 22:08:19 2001 +0000
>>     * Explain GH deprecation & plan for scm documentation.
>> Let's really drop it now.
> Why?  It doesn't cost much to keep it, does it?

My view: it doesn't cost much, but it does cost something.  For
example, every time one greps the code to find all uses of a libguile
function/variable/macro, the GH code means that there is a bit more to
look at.  In general, I think less code is better, so we would need a
good reason for keeping the GH code, and we don't need an especially
compelling reason to throw it away.

Therefore, I vote for dropping it.