Re: guile build failure - help !

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: guile build failure - help !
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 00:10:15 +0100

Hi!

"Neil Jerram" <address@hidden> writes:

> Surely - if we build the distro with 2.2, and then a user tries to
> build with 1.5.26 - we will then get a definition of
> lt__PROGRAM__LTX_preloaded_symbols in the autogenerated code
> (guileS.o), and a reference from guile.c to lt_preloaded_symbols.  And
> hence still an unresolved external?

By "building", you mean re-running `libtoolize', e.g., via `autoreconf'.

If by "building" we just mean running "./configure && make install",
then it's really compatible (Libtool is just a script that's bundled
with the tarball).

Now, it looks like `configure.in' will need to be changed incompatibly,
which means that developers will all have to switch to 2.2.  It's
annoying, but probably a reasonable thing to ask.  What do you think?

Thanks,
Ludo'.