EBCDIC

From: Mike Gran
Subject: EBCDIC
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 00:17:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi-

In Guile, there are remnants of code that refer to the EBCDIC
character set.  Has Guile ever been tested on an EBCDIC machine?

I presume that the only such surviving system would be some sort of
z/OS.

The context of the question is my attempt to make a version of Guile
that uses Unicode as its character set.  I want to know if I can
presume that the C code (char) 'A' has the same integer representation
as Unicode codepoint 'A' U+0041, for example.

Thanks,

Mike Gran