Three small benefits of a new computer

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Three small benefits of a new computer
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 18:45:58 +0000

I just got a new laptop ([1], under the OLPH program [2]), and this
has thrown up 3 small Guile-related benefits, which I thought might be
of wider interest.

1. It has a MIPS processor, so I'll be regularly building with that
now - which is good for a bit of non-Intel and big-endian variety.

2. It's a bit slow... which is good for not forgetting about
performance.

3. Its web browser doesn't already know the pages that I frequent -
which allowed me to discover the new Git web interface on savannah
[3], which so far seems even nicer than the one I was using before [4].

[1] http://www.gdium.com/en/product
[2] http://www.gdium.com/group/58/home
[3] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git
[4] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=guile.git;a=summary