Re: stack calibration

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: stack calibration
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 13:45:27 -0400

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> The primary purpose of stack-limit-calibration.scm is to allow "make
> check" to succeed on those platforms,

That's fine.

> and it now makes sense to
> generalize that to any other guile-using operations that we run during
> the build - such as compiling.

Not quite; the build is potentially cross, and the guile we just built
may not run on the host (autoconf "build") machine.

It may be there should be a file of stack limits in various places,
found by autoconf tuple.  That's somewhat ugly, but avoids breaking
cross builds.

An alternative is to detect the cross situation and use a fixed value
then.  That doesn't impair self-hosted builds.