Re: 1.9 on the 19th; freeze 10 june (this wednesday)

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: 1.9 on the 19th; freeze 10 june (this wednesday)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:16:32 +0200

Hi Ken,

On Thu 11 Jun 2009 04:13, Ken Raeburn <address@hidden> writes:

> On Jun 6, 2009, at 05:45, Andy Wingo wrote:
>
> * r6rs-ports.c needs to include "libguile/r6rs-ports.x", like the other
> source files do, instead of "r6rs-ports.x"

Neil seems to have fixed this one. Thanks for the report.

> * There needs to be a SCM_API declaration of scm_cells_allocated, or it
> won't be exported from the library, and the test programs won't  link.
> I put one in gc.h and it seems to work.  The library sources  apparently
> get compiled with -fvisibility=hidden, and SCM_API  overrides that.
> (Which makes me wonder why it isn't blowing up for  everyone on other
> systems...)

Which test programs are these? I don't see references to
scm_cells_allocated anywhere other than in gc.c. Perhaps this is related
to your next comment:

> * At least in test-suite/standalone the preprocessor options telling the
> compiler where to find Guile's headers seem to come after the
> configure-time CPPFLAGS.  This doesn't work out well if I need the
> latter to tell Guile where GNU MP is installed, but there's also a
> version of Guile installed there too.

It seems you hit http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.guile.bugs/3874 .

I guess we should fix this before the prerelease...

http://wingolog.org/