Re: [Guile-commits] GNU Guile branch, master, updated. 782a82eed13abb643

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: [Guile-commits] GNU Guile branch, master, updated. 782a82eed13abb64393f7acad92758ae191ce509
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 09:50:54 +0200

Howdy,

On Thu 18 Jun 2009 22:28, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

>>> I would not export it from `(rnrs bytevector)' given that it has nothing
>>> to do with RnRS.
>>
>> No, but it does have to with bytevectors... Where would you put it?
>
> Dunno, maybe not anywhere public?

Er, I wrote it so I could use it in my code... Not being able to get at
the bits of uniform arrays from Scheme has been a sorely missing feature
for a long time now...

>>> Also, I would make the new C functions private, given that they are not
>>> intended for general use AIUI.
>>
>> Dunno. I could imagine calling both of them from C. Would there be a
>> problem with leaving them to be public?
>
> Yes, while we're not more confident wrt. shared arrays and similar.

What do you mean? I think that shared arrays will be attempted to be
linearized via scm_array_contents, which will throw an error for a
non-contiguous array. That's as good as we can do, no?

http://wingolog.org/