Re: frozen!

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: frozen!
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:43:13 -0400

On Oct 9, 2009, at 03:54, Ken Raeburn wrote:
The code in regexp.test tries the suffixes ".ISO-8859-1" and ".iso88591" when selecting locale names. I take it that means there's inadequate standardization on the naming of encodings across systems? Well, when I make it try ".ISO8859-1", most of the tests pass on Mac OS X. The "string of all chars" ones still fail; I'm looking into those.

The "string of all chars" test calls setbinary before performing the test. The documentation for setbinary says it sets the encoding for current input, output and error streams to ISO-8859-1, as well as making it the default for new ports. Is that supposed to affect make- regexp and regexp-exec as well?

If I replace the call with a call to set-latin-1 (modified to try ".ISO8859-1", as described above), which sets the locale, the test passes on the Mac.

Ken