Re: guile-1.8 question

From: Stanislav Ievlev
Subject: Re: guile-1.8 question
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 19:18:21 +0400

2009/10/15 Andy Wingo <address@hidden>:
> The ports C interface is rather crufty, as you have found :) Do you have
> any suggestions, or a patch? Keep in mind that we need to maintain
> backwards compatibility with these interfaces.

What do you think about documented additional function like this?
scm_c_fdopen(int fdes, const char* modes)
 return scm_i_fdes_to_port (fdes, scm_mode_bits (modes), SCM_BOOL_F);

You can also use in libguile source files scm_i_fdes_to_port  instead
of scm_i_fdes_to_port, and mark scm_fdes_to_port as a deprecated.