Re: Troubles with Objcode and Storing JIT Pointers

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Troubles with Objcode and Storing JIT Pointers
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 21:03:15 +0200

On Tue 22 Jun 2010 00:23, Noah Lavine <address@hidden> writes:

> If I may ask, do you already have patches or a git branch that adds [a
> native code slot to objcode]? If so, what are you doing about the
> embedded objcode issue? (Changing the bytecode to leave room for it,
> or hiding the slot in the C code?)

I do not have a patch, no. Feel free to implement :) Having not
implemented it, I do not know exactly what's needed, but I would not put
it in what is the struct scm_objcode, rather in the SCM value that
includes the objcode.

I don't know if we can somehow fit this in a "double cell" or if we need
to have a five-word object (see scm_words ()).

http://wingolog.org/