Re: mtime of installed files

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: mtime of installed files
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:45:22 +0200

Hi Ludo,

* Ludovic Courtès wrote on Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 10:18:39AM CEST:
> Ralf Wildenhues writes:
>
> >   guile_install_ccacheDATA = install-ccacheDATA
> >   $(guile_install_ccacheDATA): install-modDATA
>
> For the record, this was fixed along these lines.  The auto-compile
> mtime checks were also changed to checked for >= instead of ==:
>

> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/commit/?id=fefd60ba4ba751712c45c95362bbc2f858890678
>
> Ralf: can you formally state that the rule names (‘install-ccacheDATA’,
> etc.) are not going to change?  :-)

No, sorry.  But I can state something that should be almost as good:
It's quite unlikely that these names will change, and if I ever do that
change, then it will be only for a very good reason, and at that point
I will either document the new names and/or provide another documented
method to specify ordering requirements on installation rules.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ralf