Re: FFI supports callbacks

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: FFI supports callbacks
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 02:30:40 +0200

On Mon, Sep 06 2010, Andy Wingo wrote:

> Also consider that this is a low-level interface; presumably people
> should be programming with some sort of `define-c-wrapper' macro that
> presents a nicer interface.

Is anyone working on this? I happen to quite like the design presented
in the paper "The Layers of Larceny's design":

I wouldn't be surprised if actual code could be lifted from Larceny's

The most important discoveries will provide answers to questions that we do
not yet know how to ask and will concern objects we have not yet imagined.
 -John N. Bahcall, astrophysicist (1935-2005)