Re: The progress of hacking guile and prolog

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: The progress of hacking guile and prolog
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 12:25:31 +0100

Hi Noah,

On Thu 04 Nov 2010 03:40, Noah Lavine <address@hidden> writes:

> I think that Guile should offer optional static checking - not just of
> types, but of everything that we can check.

It seems like you're really asking for *dynamic* checking -- not only
checking properties that can be proved statically, without running the
program, but also runtime properties.

In this regard, I have a positive impression of the work that people are
doing on "contracts", especially the Racket folks.

    http://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/contracts.html

Happy reading,

http://wingolog.org/