Re: proposal: enhance and rename guile-tools

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: proposal: enhance and rename guile-tools
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:12:07 -0300

Le Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:27:13 +0100,
Andy Wingo <address@hidden> a écrit :

> On Mon 21 Mar 2011 00:16, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>
> > Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> >> it has a pleasant subject-verb-object when you say it: "Guido, compile
> >> my-file.scm."
> >
> > Is the pun[*] intended?  :-)
>
> Not really, no :)
>
> > FWIW I’m happy with the verbose name and I fear the joke wouldn’t be to
> > everyone’s taste.  I’d also be happy with a shorter name, though.
>
> OK.  Anyone have any other good short names?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andy

Personally, I would still use a 'long' name, and perhaps guile-do [which for
backward compat. could be a symlink to guile-tools].

I am saying this because as a user, I type guile and hit tab to know 'what's
available' ... [I know you will argue that I should know better what guile
provides
in terms of scripts, but this way at least i gives me all possibilities, which
I may
study [later] ...]

        [besides, anyone can create its own and preferred short name as a link
        the distributed script]

Cheers,
David