Re: guildhall status

From: dsmich
Subject: Re: guildhall status
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:10:06 -0400

---- Andy Wingo <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to bootstrap the guildhall stuff, so last week I started poking
> at Andreas' excellent dorodango (http://www.nongnu.org/dorodango/).  I
> forked his repo on gitorious, removed a bunch of compat stuff for other
> implementations, imported dependencies into the archive, replaced the
> http stuff with Guile's (web) foo, and wired up a standard build system.
>
> The result is here:
>
>   https://gitorious.org/~wingo/dorodango/guildhall

Cool!

> You can:
>
>   git clone git://gitorious.org/~wingo/dorodango/guildhall.git
>
> Then ./configure && make && make check.
>
> You will only be able to succeed there if you have (web client), which I
> have pushed to Guile's stable-2.0 branch.

A (web client) test is failing for me:

$ git describe
v2.0.2-13-g037a680

$ ./check-guile web-request.test
Testing /home/dsmith/src/guile/meta/guile ... web-request.test
with GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/home/dsmith/src/guile/test-suite
Running web-request.test
FAIL: web-request.test: example-1: (equal? (request-host (build-request
(string->uri http://www.gnu.org/))) www.gnu.org)

Totals for this test run:
passes:                 7
failures:               1
unexpected passes:      0
expected failures:      0
unresolved test cases:  0
untested test cases:    0
unsupported test cases: 0
errors:                 0

The test passes with the included git diff.  Seems request-host returns a pair
instead of a string, so just use the car.

-Dale

-Dale