Re: Anything better for delayed lexical evaluation than (lambda () ...)?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Anything better for delayed lexical evaluation than (lambda () ...)?
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:18:07 +0100

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:

> Also, I think that it is crucially important to keep the Lilypond
> developers happy with Guile.  We don't have very many users.  We
> should make an effort to keep our existing users happy.

Basically, you want to be able to write the following in the FAQ:

Q:
Why should I be picking GUILE instead of other Scheme systems for
extending my application that is supposed to expose a user-friendly
language?
A:
Because no other Scheme system, in fact no other system, offers the
tools for integrating your language so tightly with Scheme that you can
harness its power without having to forego the advantages and features
of your own language design.  GUILE supports implementations of Emacs
Lisp, Lua (and also LilyPond) that rely on advertised interfaces rather
than on special-tailored code meddling with GUILE's internals, and that
make it easy to access the power of Scheme transparently without losing
expressivity in the main user language of your system.

--
David Kastrup