Re: [Feature Request] How about a "--minimum-mode" option?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Feature Request] How about a "--minimum-mode" option?
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 23:36:51 +0100

Hi,

Nala Ginrut <address@hidden> skribis:

> Is there a way to configure Guile as a minimum one?
> Or maybe another question: is there an official way to cut Guile small?

There are a few configure options to disable features:

  --disable-posix         omit non-essential POSIX interfaces
  --disable-networking    omit networking interfaces
  --disable-regex         omit regular expression interfaces
  --disable-deprecated    omit deprecated features

However, I don’t think they really make Guile smaller.

Thanks,
Ludo’.