Re: Any plan for a JIT compiler?

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: Any plan for a JIT compiler?
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:24:41 -0400

Hello,

There are plans for a compiler eventually. We worked on a JIT compiler
for a while, and I think we will do that, but we also want an
ahead-of-time optimizing compiler. Part of the goal of using a
register VM (at least for me) is that it gets us closer to a real
chip, which makes compiling to native code easier.

Noah