Re: [Request] How about adding with-locale?

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: [Request] How about adding with-locale?
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 02:54:34 -0400

Nala Ginrut <address@hidden> writes:
> I know it's not the best implementation, I didn't consider the
> multi-threads situation.

Yes, unfortunately there is no way to set the locale on a per-thread
basis.  This is a limitation of the C library.

>     in many protocols, it needs
>     the result of strftime be in English.

For protocol use, IMO it's better to avoid 'strftime' and other
locale-specific formatting tools.  For example, 'write-date' in
module/web/http.scm is a simple date formatter based on SRFI-19.

    Regards,
      Mark