Guile-2.2 - goops slot redefinition at subclass level

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Guile-2.2 - goops slot redefinition at subclass level
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 21:09:26 -0300

Hello Andy,

>  * GOOPS: are there incompatible changes that we think are bad?
>    Subthread :)

2-      slot redefinition at subclass level

See bug#20423 for a full description, here is the summary of what I think we
should
do:

        When there are superclasses, a subclass can specify a slot that has
already
        been specified for a superclass. When this happens, the information in
slot
        options has to be combined. For the slot options listed above, either
the
        option in the subclass overrides the one in the superclass or there is a
        union:

           :ACCESSOR  -  union
           :INITARG   -  union
           :INITFORM  -  overrides

Tbh, I'm not interested in the justification upon why 'things' are the way are
in
goops now wrt this problem, let's save our energy here. I'd like 'things' to
change
wrt this problem so we implement the clos protocol, ide4ally, that would happen
in
guile-2.2 'already'.

Happy Hacking,
David