New object system?

From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe
Subject: New object system?
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 20:34:22 +0200

Hi all. We have goops, but I wondered how a functional object system can look like and after some thought I modeled together functional and python together with scheme. you can find the result at

http://www.c-lambda.se/functional-python.html

If you want to discuss, continue with the email or on the site. I would like to have a functional object system for guile per default.

I have a parser for python3 and will try to compile python to the guile VM. This study is an approach to add features to python that are not in. In the end I will add mutating objects as well so that one can mix them.

I also plan to make a system where the property of mutability can flow in the execution path and so that dynamically if specifically requested nothing will mutate and only new data structure will be created someting like

(define newobj (do-not-mutate thunk))

But that's for the future.

Have fun!